Thursday 22 April 2010

King of the Mountains!

Last Sunday when we were on our first Epic ride, Purser and I were talking about what it will take to be fit enough for the full charity ride. The thought was that if we could do Bell Hill, Bollands Hill, Inmarsh and then Spout Lane, twice, in under 1hr 15mins then we would be on to a winner. So tonight I thought I would give it a go!

It's worth saying first that I hadn't ridden from Sunday to last night when I cycled to Seend to go the pub and get our trip organised. It felt good to be out on the bike again, but I thought that given the state of my body after the cycle on Sunday I would have a bit of a rest.

So, tonight, I got to the bottom of Bell Hill by the farm and set my stopwatch. Then I went for it. Up Bell Hill - no probs. Down the Pelch and had a quick 2 mins chat with Capt who was in his garden drinking Studley Gold Cider :). The round and up Bollands. Still felt good. Down Bell Hill and up Inmarsh, sucking in loads of bugs on the way! Then down to Seend Fork, along to Sells Green and up Spout Lane. No probs again. Back down Inmarsh, checked my watch, 33 mins! So I went for it again, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, back at the farmhouse at a time of 1hr 7 mins! No longer the second time than the first. Hurrah!

So I now declare myself ready to take on the hills on Devon. Bring 'em on!

As an added bonus I have now clocked up over 400 miles since the start of March. Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment