Monday 19 April 2010

Done! The first 50 miler!

Went out yesterday with Capt, Purser and Gandalf, and did a grand tour of Wiltshire. Took in Devizes, then the vale of Pewsey and into Pewsey itself, then back out and up near Calne and back home.

We got to Seend and I left the chaps, then went round via Bulkington to make up my 50 miles, getting home with a 50.5 registering on my 'puter. Brill!

Only trouble is that I felt absolutely knackered, both yesterday and still today. I was useless yesterday afternoon, could hardly stay awake but if I tried to doze off my legs hurt too much, my back ached, my head ached!

Not much better today. What I do know is that if this happens when we are on 'The Ride' I'm going to be in trouble.

Still, nil desperandum! Having a day off today, back tomorrow for a short cycle to keep the legs moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment