Thursday 1 April 2010

Hail or Shine

Yesterday I did the three peaks and then cycled to skittles in the evening. 18 miles in all. Both cycles were made interesting given the weather!

On the three peaks in the morning I cycled through Devizes and then came down Caen Hill just a huge hailstorm hit. The wind was blowing so hard that I stopped – admittedly I was freewheeling – but even so, normally I go down there at about 25 miles an hour!

When I got home my legs were red raw with the hail.

Then in the evening I get dressed up in my waterproofs and cycle up to skittles. Half way through, again the hail! Fortunately it wasn’t as bad as earlier in the day, but with the effort the south face of Everest still beat me. Next time….

On the way back home I was interested in a vehicle coming towards me with flashing lights, a lorry or something. It was only when I was level with it that I realised it was gritting lorry! Tell you what, it hurts that stuff, when it hits you full in the face!

No comments:

Post a Comment