Friday 9 April 2010

Back in the Sadlle

Those most observant of you will have noticed that my blogging has dried up for a week or so. This is down to one thing - holidays!

I wanted to take my bike, and bought a superduper bike rack that you can fit to a tow hitch and then still pull a trailer (brill for the trailer tent). Trouble was Capt and I couldn't fit it, and then on Easter Friday the garage was shut so I couldn't get them to fit it either!

So, what could I do? I ended up having a lovely relaxing week in Lyme Regis. I took my trainers in case I fancied a run, but my plantar fasciitus played up on the very first day, so I had to make do with some beer drinking exercises instead! Tell you what though, those hills are viscious around there! We were in the middle of the village, and whichever way was a huuuuge climb to get up onto the coast road.

After my previous exercises my legs felt rather tired for the first five days, and then then just felt a touch dead, so I came back earlier today with a touch of trepidation and was on my bike within 30 mins and back out on the road.

And how brilliant it was! My legs were like pistons. I reckon I was overdoing it and not letting my legs recover, so a week off was perfect. I shot up to Devizes, went out on the Andover road, turned off cross country and went through Woodborough, then along the canal at Honeystreet (not great as the towpath is just grass there, so it was only for a mile or so), then to All Cannings, up onto the road and back to Devizes.

That was about 23 miles, but my legs were still full of beans, so I went round Roundway way :D, and up to the white horse! Whoa, big hill, I was knackered at the end, but I did it. This will make up for Capt and Purser conquering Bell Hill earlier in the week (well done chappies)!

Then, back down to Rowde and home. 31 miles in all, and I feel great.

Hurrah! Back on track again!

No comments:

Post a Comment