Tuesday 30 March 2010

Mud, Glorious Mud!

I did a 10 miler last night and another this morning. Last night was brilliant, I went the three peaks, through Devizes, and then joined the canal. It had rained during the day and the tow path was a touch muddy. Also they are doing some 'stuff' on Caen Hill, and that was like a quagmire!

By the time I had reached the bottom I was covered head to toe in mud. I looked like I had been wrestling. I need a front mudgard! Having said that though, I have one of those rear mudgards that mountain bikers use, and whilst it caught some of the stuff, it certainly didn't catch all.

This morning I did the three peaks back to front, back up the main road at Caen Hill. Crikey it's a long one, with a bit of 'extra steepness' just before the top. Killer.

Saw Capt, Purser and Gandalf last night. They all survived Sunday. Capt and Gandalf were looking half dead on Sunday after our marathon, not surprising seeing as Gandalf hadn't ridden anywhere near so far in about 5 years and Capt's bike needs some work on slipping gears and slick tyres instead of Mountain Bike ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment