Tuesday 23 March 2010

The Car's Got a Poorly Alarm. Bless It.

It's the 26th Feb. The car needs a repair. The garage is over the other side of town. What should I do?

Well, I shoe horned the bike in the bike, and with a whiff of excitement I set off. I dropped the car off and then, yes, I actually did it, I cycled to work! It's only 3 miles, but there is a big (ish) hill in the way, but I still did it. Iwandered into the office to lots of gaping mouths. 'You didn't....' ' I did.....'. Brill.

At lunchtime I cycled back into town! Bought a few ink cartridges for my ink pen, then cycled back to work. I was getting to like this.

After work I cycled back and picked up my car. I had done it. I had cycled 12 miles and I felt really, really good. Start slowly, and you never know where you might end up. I always remember what Sir Ran Fiennes said when he climbed Everest, being 'one step at a time'. That's how I feel, and I have the enthusiasm to push on.

Next cycle - Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment