Monday 14 June 2010

Nearly There Now!

Apologies regular readers for the gap in my posts. I have been on hols and then training hard again ready for the big trip which is this Friday!

So, I was on me hols on bank holiday week, and then on the day after I got back Capt, Purser and I went out for a 45 miler. A momentous trip for me, as I clocked up a total of 1000 miles since March! It was a great ride, up Roundway white horse, up Milk Hill (which Capt tells me is the highest point in Wiltshire), then out towards Marlborough, round towards Pewsey, Devizes and home. A super trip and really rewarding in that, given my holiday layoff, I didn't feel the slightest bit tired.

I followed this up with a morning cycle on Monday, then on Tuesday I cycled up Long Hollow in Edington, a climb I never managed as a child (even though I lived at the bottom of it). Then on Weds Capt, Purser and I did the Hickman Challenge - up to Bratton, up that side of Westbury White Horse, down to Westbury then turn round and go back up. We all managed it in around the half hour mark, and it was a most satisfying trip. We had a pint in Steeple Ashton and then another in the Brewery to celebrate!

I followed this up with a cycle to work on Thursday, then had a quiet few days over the weekend.

Today I decided, given the week, that I would do the first ride I ever did in real training, the trip to Devizes through Potterne. That was the day that the old chap in Devizes stopped to offer me assistance! At that time the trip would be about 9 miles as I would come back through Poulshot, and it would take me an hour.

Today I shot up the hills, went down to Rowde, up towards Bromham on the back road, Sells Green, main road to Seend, up through the Cleeve, Seend Head, Bulkington and home. 15 miles, one hour :)

I am excited about the trip, and a little nervous. I think we are getting close to our £1000 sponsorship aswell. I shall take Weds and Thursday off, and stock up with plenty of pasta.

Oh, and final note today, I wanted to be below 15 stone for the cycle. I am, as of today 14 stone 11. Heaven knows how much weight we will lose this Friday and Saturday...

No comments:

Post a Comment