Monday 12 July 2010

A Taste of the 22nd Century

Been to the consultant again this morning, this time at a place called Circle Bath, near Peasedown St. John (yes, it is still raining there :D ).

It was incredible, all futuristic, a brand new building with state of the art everything. As I sat waiting in the foyer which runs the length of the building I was treated to a coffee and shortbread biscuit, then down for X-Rays and back to see the consultant. It really was like something out of the 1970's vision of the future. Not sure anyone imagined the future manifesting itself at Peasedown St John though :D

Anyways, good news, healing well. I can drive and cycle when I feel up to it - no time scale, just when I feel I can do an emergency stop in the car, and when I feel that cycling will not be painful. I reckon a couple of weeks for the driving, and cycling slightly longer, maybe three or four weeks.

What I didn't realise is that the pubic bone in the pelvis is not just suspended in mid air, it is where the hamstring attaches. This is where all that pain comes from, bruised and pulling on where the break is. Makes sense, and makes sense that complete rest sorts out the healing process.

So, back to work on Monday, all back to almost normal a few weeks later. Hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment