Sunday 18 July 2010

Back to Work Tomorrow!

Things have gone really well over the past four weeks. When I think back to what I was like when I got back from Dartmoor (only being able to move a few metres, unable to turn over in bed, 20od bruises all over my body and finding more daily) to now, where if I am just moving around the house I can use one stick, then that is brilliant. I reckon another week and I should be able to drive, and perhaps a week after that my first, tentative cycle. All down to complete R&R. I even slept back upstairs last night for the first night since Dartmoor - blimey it was good to be back on the memory foam!

It's been an interesting experience. Being completely reliant on other people to do (almost) everything for you is very humbling, and makes you realise how difficult it must be for people who care for, and and cared for, full time.

I was looking at my legs this morning, and boy have they lost a lot of definition. My right leg has not been used for 4 weeks now, and my left doesn't look much better. It's going to be a good couple of months before I get back to the levels of fitness I was at before the incident.

Good news though - we reckon with the money raised, and through previous events, that we have enough for the all weather surface. Brill!

1 comment:

  1. First night upstairs in nearly a month, eh? Anything else to report? ;-)

    ReplyDelete