Tuesday 18 May 2010

I Seem to have Plateaued!

Well, quite a successful few days since my last post. I did an 18 miler on Weds (with a stop off at the Brewery for a pint or two and a Beer Fest wash up meeting). On Thursday I did a 14 miler in the morning, then Friday I cycled to and from work. I took a new route which adds a further 10 miles on, and cycled up Bowden Hill on the way home.

Saturday I did another 14 miler, and then that was it for the weekend seeing as it was my daughters birthday celebrations (house full of kids, sleepovers, cinema, swimming....). Capt and Purser did some hill climbs on Sunday morning, and stared at young fillies through shop windows in Lacock (imagine looking round and seeing them peering at you whilst dribbling cream soda down their chins. She is probably in counselling as I type).

Yesterday I cycled to work again, and then today a short 8 miler so that I could get back early for my daughter to open her pressies.

Thing is, I feel absolutely great. Even after my cycles to and from work I don't ache, and my legs don't feel at all tired. I certainly don't have any fear of 75 miles a day (although I know it will hurt). Interestingly my knees are starting to ache a bit, but nothing major.

What has happened though is that my weight has plateaued. I have now been round about 15 stone 4 for a couple of weeks. Not really sure what is happening here. I still have that target of getting under 15 stone for the big ride.

Need to work harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment