Wednesday 26 May 2010

Good News and Bad News

Good news - I am now officially under 15 stone! 14 stone 13 appeared on the scales this morning. Whoohoo! I'm going to celebrate with a couple of beers :D

Bad news - I had to miss Friday, Saturday and Sunday cycling because of a darned cold. Monday I cycled to work, yesterday I went out first thing, as I did today. Chest still a bit tight, but it's just about doable. Trouble is, I am off on my hols next week, with minimal cycling on the horizon.

So, here's my plan. Cycle twice today, twice tomorrow, to work/back Friday. Go on hols, come back and cycle like a madman on that week and weekend. Then on the final week a few gentle rides on the Monday and Tuesday, perhaps Weds, then Thursday off, then Friday is THE BIG DAY!

1 comment:

  1. One tip that may be of some use to followers of this fine blog is never attempt to go hill climbing on a bike whilst suffering a hangover! Although you may feel fine at the bottom of the hill the alcoholic residue lingering in your blood stream will soon deaden any leg muscles as you make the ascent. Nausea will then set in after about 100 yards and that I'm afraid will be the end of that particular cycle. It's all good clean fun folks! Right, back to you Oddlad.

    ReplyDelete