Wednesday 24 March 2010

Whoohooo!

Well, I was a touch nervous. Would I get there, would I get a puncture, would the traffic be OK? I set off at 6:30.

First obstacle was the south face of mount everest. I must admit to having to walk the last 50 yards or so, but I didn't want to tire myself out not knowing what was ahead. Then I was over and careering down the north face. I tried to get right down over the railway bridge without pedalling and was sooooo close, about a foot away give or take and I had to pedal once. Still, to do this I had to go at 36 mph down the north face in the first place. Exciting, but a bit silly.

Then I had to traverse town, which I did with very little problem. I followed this up by playing with the traffic all the way to work, with artic's washing past. To be honest, it really wasn't a problem.

14 miles, and I was there :D Hurrah! It took me one hour, so that's, erm, *counting on all fingers thumbs*, erm, 14 mph :D

Then the trip home. Got changed into my gear, much to the delight of my workmates, and set off at 5:15. I was tired after a mile, and starting to get a bit worried, so I stopped off at town and got a choccie bar. Did the job.

Then it started raining. And getting windy. My glasses got covered in spray and I was having trouble seeing. I ploughed on, but did walk half way up the north face of everest. I finally got home at 6:15, after another 14 miles, which is, erm, abouts, erm, 14mph again :)

I feel very, very pleased with myself! But, I'm not going to cycle to skittles tonight for fear of 'overdoing it' as my grandmother would say. Probably.

P.S. new kit = brill! Very pleased, especially with the new light which can be seen in Normandy. Apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment